International Driving Permit Application Requirements
To apply for a Philippine International Driving Permit (PIDP), visit the AAP office near you and bring the following requirements:
- Original and photocopy of Philippine Driver’s License valid for at least one (1) year.
- Two (2) pieces latest 2×2 colored ID photo with white background.
- Foreign nationals, dual citizens and Filipino citizens born in other countries present the original passport plus photocopies of pages showing identification and date of last arrival. If you are a permanent resident, present your passport and/or Alien Certificate Registration along with requirements no. 1 and 2.
- PHP 1,800 broken down as follows:
- PHP 300 – AAP Joining Fee*
- PHP 1,200 – AAP Annual Registration
- PHP 300 – PIDP Processing Fee
* The PHP 300 AAP joining fee is waived for Overseas Filipino Workers / OFWs.
Just present any valid proof of you being an OFW. (e.g. Seaman’s Passport, Employment Contract abroad with valid POEA ID, etc…)
If your Philippine driver’s license is valid for more than one year, the PIDP will be valid for one year from the date of issue. If your Philippine driver’s license is valid for less than one year, the PIDP will follow the validity of your Philippine driver’s license.
So if your license will expire in six months, your PIDP will also expire in six months.
If your PIDP expired while you were still abroad, you can renew your PIDP online by visiting the AAP Website as long as the card type Philippine license that was presented before has not expired yet.
If a temporary license was presented, the photocopy of the temporary license together with the original LTO Certification and Official Receipt should also be presented.
For more information, Please visit the website of Automobile Association Philippines.